Baby Arugula, Cranberry, Pecan and Feta Salad

I like my salads with some substance. Give me something sweet, savory, crunchy, soft. I want a salad that has it all …

Tangy baby arugula, sweet cranberries, crunchy pecans and salty Feta create a harmony of fresh flavors that I personally can’t get enough of.

If you still need convincing, how about those colors …  the jewel-like tones of emerald-green arugula, topaz-hued pecans and ruby-red cranberries are like flavorful bits of a kaleidoscope right there on your plate.

Baby Arugula, Cranberry, Pecan and Feta Salad

1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon finely minced shallot
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly ground pepper, to taste

12 ounces baby arugula, rinsed
1/3 cup pecans, roughly chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup crumbled Feta
In a small bowl, whisk the salt, shallot, balsamic vinegar and pepper well. Add the olive oil in a steady stream and whisk until emulsified.

In a larger bowl, combine the arugula, pecans and cranberries. Top with the vinaigrette and toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with the Feta and serve.

16 Responses to “Baby Arugula, Cranberry, Pecan and Feta Salad”

That salad looks and sounds soooo good! Very autumnal…

2. I absolutely love dried cranberries and pecans in salad. the addition of feta just makes this over the top!

3. The Hubbie, says:

This salad tastes even better than it looks!!! Good Job Maraki….

4. Mihaela says:

Hi, this salad looks so good. I hope you don’t mind if I make it and post it on my blog with a link to yours. Mihaela

Mihaela, thanks for stopping by … and that sounds like a great idea. I look forward to reading your post!

6. I like my salads with substance also! I’d like to follow the “hubbie” with a good job maraki…

Maria, this salad jumps from the bowl…makes one really want to eat it now!

We are on the same wave line. I posted a rocket salad I made last month. Love pecans and cranberries and often used them together with rocket.

9. This salad is one that I could eat several times a week and not tire of;love all these ingredients with a passion!

10. Ruby says:

What a great mix of sweet & savoury, soft & crunchy! Also, anything with feta is pretty much ok in my books! By the way, you might be interested in my next (Greek-inspired) post – for PFB round 4 if I make it through, or ‘just because’ if I don’t! ;-)

11. Definitely my kind of flavors in this salad! So pretty too!

12. Foodjunkie says:

I agree: salads are nice with some substance. This is definitely a meal by itself and must be quite tasty too, Unfortunately in Greece we don;t find pecans that often and when we do they are not fresh. I think I would use walnuts instead.

13. Mihaela says:

Hi, check out my salad at http://mihaelapd.blogspot.com/2010/10/salata-cu-rucola-nuci-si-feta-arugula.html
    I have to give it to you, your pictures looks much better :) The salad was delicious!

14. Phivos says:

What a ‘delicious’ blog. Kind regards and ‘kali orexi’!

15. λαχταριστή κι ολόφρεσκη, σκέτος πειρασμός

16. maria says:

this is my kind of salad – it has many variations, eg walnut instead of pecan, pomegrante instead of cranberry, lettuce/spinach/arugula mixture – i make this kind of salad right throughout the winter until the tomatoes come out